Difficult Discussions Matter!
Date: 30.09.21 Time: 09:30 - 16:00
Venue: Learning & Development Training Room, 1st Floor, Beechgrove House, Hillend Road, Perth, PH1 1DL - Please use the entrance found at the back of the staff car park or follow signs for Community Alarm.
Welcome to Difficult Discussions Matter!
This is an engaging and exploratory full day of learning that looks to involve you in a variety of different ways that include self-reflection, group work, conversations, and role play. In this session we explore with you the role that attitudes and behaviours have on a conversation, listening skills practice, emotional intelligence and the 5 steps to difficult discussions.
This session will support you in:
- Becoming more aware of your own communication style
- Developing your understanding of active listening skills and the importance of this when experiencing conflict
- Understanding what makes some conversations more difficult
- Preparing you for future conversations by using a simple approach
- Helping you to reflect on your own behaviours and attitudes and those of others
- Developing your planning and preparation for conversations
- Developing your confidence by allowing space to use the approach in a safe environment through exploration
- Feeling motivated and assertive to have conversations which may be difficult
To book please click here